At SIEGELLAW, our attorneys offer superior family law representation backed by more than 20 years of experience. We know that our clients come to us during times of real need, and we offer them comprehensive solutions to challenging family law matters that can seem intractable.
Attorney Harry B. Siegel offers pre-eminent family law representation. We strive diligently to help our clients effectively pursue their goals no matter how challenging the circumstances. We will be there for you from the moment you first come to our office until there is a legal resolution.
Commitment To Helping Our Clients Secure A Better Future
We offer family law representation to those facing all of these issues:
- Divorce representation — The challenge of ending a marriage requires skilled and experienced guidance.
- Child custody and visitation issues — All parents want to protect their relationships with their children, as well as protect their children from unnecessary emotional pain and trauma. We strive to help you do that.
- Child support payments — Our experience can help ensure that your child support levels are appropriate for your circumstances.
- Alimony/spousal support — Setting appropriate levels of alimony can be a key factor to the continued financial viability of the new households that must be formed after divorce. Maryland's statutes and laws on alimony are a messy quagmire and incredibly judge-dependent.
- Complex asset and property division — When businesses and other substantial assets are part of a divorce, it is imperative that your attorney is experienced in dealing with such elements. We also work with experts at valuing businesses throughout the country.
- Prenuptial and post-marital agreements — Not all family law matters need to be resolved by a judge. Let us show you how different agreements, such as separation agreements and property settlement agreements can help.
- Domestic violence accusations and protective orders — Domestic violence and the accusation of it can have a tremendous impact on a family law matter. Our attorneys can help you face the challenges associated with domestic violence.
- Protection of men's rights — Securing the representation of a skilled and experienced family law attorney who understands the male perspective and your issues is a must.
- Same-sex divorce and issues concerning unmarried couples — Same-sex couples face an evolving legal landscape that we can work with them to navigate. The passage of a new law in Maryland granting marital rights to same-sex couples promises to be complex and difficult for courts to navigate. Equally important, unmarried couples can face many of the same issues of a divorcing couple when they end their relationships, yet the laws have failed to evolve to recognize or protect those rights and issues. We are skilled in seeking to help both same-sex couples and unmarried couples.
- Mediation services — Mediation offers tremendous savings in time, money and stress over fighting out a family law dispute in court. Attorney Harry B. Siegel is a Maryland certified domestic relations mediator.
- Family law appeals — When a family court decision goes against your best interests, we can help you determine whether to appeal the matter and what alternatives exist to filing an appeal.
Contact Our Howard County Family Law Appeals Lawyers
When you're confronting divorce or some other family law issue, you need to take steps to ensure that your rights and your future are well-protected. Turn to the Howard County family law attorneys of SIEGELLAW for counsel and advocacy with the goal of meeting your goals and making your future brighter. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 410-792-2300 or contact us online to reach our Ellicott City office.